We fingerprinted 27,000+ code repositories and 22 million code commits to create this H1 2019 Developer Report.
This report focuses on developer activity from June 2018 to June 2019.
- What to Upload to SlideShare by SlideShare 7783419 views
- Customer Code: Creating a Company C... by HubSpot 5479265 views
- Be A Great Product Leader (Amplify,... by Adam Nash 1244623 views
- Trillion Dollar Coach Book (Bill Ca... by Eric Schmidt 1432780 views
- APIdays Paris 2019 - Innovation @ s... by apidays 1761513 views
- A few thoughts on work life-balance by Wim Vanderbauwhede 1248730 views
- Despite market downturns in 2018, Full Time developers increased 13% year-over-year in June 2019 and are consolidating around high network value projects.
- Code commit volume is consistent but total monthly active developers are down 10% Y/Y.
- 80% of developer loss came from One Time per month and Part Time developers.
- The biggest developer drop-off came from projects outside of the Top 100 by network value.
- Smart Contracts, Infrastructure, and DeFi ecosystems continue to gain Full Time developers.
- Overall crypto ecosystems are approaching the size of well known open source projects such as Apache, but still has plenty of space to grow.